Today at the gym when I was taking Emma and Brooke to the Child Care Center so I could work out, Emma was having a fit about something (I can't remember what) and one of my friends saw us and said to me, "Having a bad day?" I thought for a moment and replied, "Actually this is quite normal." Does anybody feel me on this? I mean, do other people have a child that is determined to be contrary about everything? Or is it just me?I have been told that I was a pouter as a child, so I guess this is pay back! :)
Emma, I never knew I could love someone so much who frustrates me so often. You've taught me how to be patient and firm. . . VERY firm. :) I honestly didn't know I had it in me.

6 comments:
Sometimes it helps me to remember that they have their agency too. Oh choices. And a good friend of mine-her mom said the kids today are like raising at least 3 of her kids in her day....they have to be strong spirits to be born in the last days! Maybe she'll be a calm teen-ager! :) Keep being firm sista!
That is a great picture! :) The best pouty face ever!
I so understand! And I'm sure plenty of other moms do too! It's good you're firm and patient. Sometimes it's hard to find the balance. :)
You were a pouty teenager too. Don't front.
Lish, I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.
That is Thomas, too. Very fickle emotionally. And when you get him with another emotionally fickle person, watch out! :)I am learning not to get emotionally involved myself in all this stuff. It helps my day to be smoother and he seems to have less of a tendency to kick against the pricks if I make it seem like what I am telling him is just a regular thing.
Post a Comment