Friday, September 11, 2009

Second Hand = First Rate!

Lately I'm addicted to Thrift Store shopping. Why? I'll tell you why. When your husband is in law school and your budget is tight, i.e. chokingly restrictive, but you still feel the NEED TO SHOP, like every red blooded American woman, you need somewhere to go that you can actually fulfill that need safely (aka inexpensively). And shopping IS a NEED my sisters, not just a want.

Right?
Right.
Working on that. . .

So you FIND A WAY. Sure it may smell a little musty in those stores, and it may not have the glitz and glam you're used to, but you use a little creativity because after all, you're meeting your NEEDS! And here's why it's worth it. . . {prepare for sheer awesomeness}:

Cute Old Navy Skirt $2.50

Tissue Box $1.50

Stylish Black Hat $2.50

Silky Pink Scarf $1.50

Funky Blue Scarf $1.50

Brooke's Chair (for Em's soccer games)
$2.50

Em's Chair (so she could have a new chair, too, cause you know how that is)
$ 2.00

And for the GRAND FINALE!
Drum Roll Please!
This quality piece of furniture was a thrift store $69.00 but yours truly got it on the Labor Day 50% off sale for
$35.00!

And that my friends, is ever so gratifying.
And that my friends, is why I am obsessed--
nay-- addicted---
to thrift store shopping.

May all your shopping be gratifyingly thrifty.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I LOVE LOVE loverly love thrift store shopping..I only wish i could take my kids. So I don't get to often!