Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Magic



Sunday night I was lying in bed, sobbing about our financial situation--you may have seen an earlier post about it but the hubs wanted me to delete it since it was pretty embarrassing. :)

Alan has been a student for most of our married life (and has 2+ years to go) which has made money a constant challenge. He's done the best he can to balance work and school and I'm so proud of him, but it's been hard. It's also been a top priority that I stay home with the kids no matter what, so I haven't worked outside the home. And Alan works during the day at trying to start a web business and goes to school at night so my options for getting a job are pretty limited, unless I work graveyard somewhere. . . no thank you! I'd be a pretty useless mom during the day I think.

And our house in CO, which we never should have purchased, will likely be foreclosing after all (the bank didn't accept the short sale offer because we have an FHA loan, and blah blah blah). In short, we have ridiculous amounts of debt, declining credit, very little income, and still a long road ahead until graduation, passing the BAR, etc. I honestly don't know how we're making it.

Sunday night I was just so T.I.R.E.D. I haven't broken down about all this in a long time, but as I lay there feeling sorry for myself, there was a knock at the door and Alan came in a few minutes later with a gift basket of goodies and a note informing us we would be receiving gifts/ treats for the 12 days of Christmas!!!

It's a secret, of course, so we don't know who it is. But if it's YOU that has been coming, I want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Or if you know who it is, please tell them for us! It is making us feel so loved and comforted and humbled. The girls are so excited every night and we've certainly been cheered up. We are so thankful for you and we will never forget this! You have been so generous already!

Thank you for bringing some much needed Christmas Magic to our home this year!

8 comments:

Claireese said...

Your life sounds exactly like ours! You are not alone:)I am actually joining the professional student in our house and going back to school in January so I can get a good job too and hopefully pay off a few of my nasty medical bills!
What a sweet gift to come at such a challenging time:) I hope the holidays have a few more surprises waiting for you. Good luck with everything.

Amanda B. said...

I'm sorry to hear that things with your CO house are not working out how you had hoped. Money is so frustrating!! Hang in there!
I'm impressed that you are able to recognize your blessings during an otherwise difficult time. My family had the 12 days of Christmas done to us once, and I LOVED it! It really does make the holidays so magical!

Lindsay Family said...

Wow!! That makes me so happy for you and your sweet family. Merry Christmas!

Sheri said...

I'm so sorry about your house in Colorado. I was hoping that would work out for you guys. Money is hard and frustrating. I wish there was an easy way to get through school and not be dirt poor!
Love you guys. So happy someone is serving your family through the 12 days of Christmas. I think its Heavenly Fathers way of saying he loves you and knows your trials.

Anonymous said...

Money is the root of all evil. I am convinced. I think your story is the story of most of us in America right now unfortunately. I just recieved a WHOLE bunch of bills from my pregnancy with Quinn that insurance has decided that they do not want to pay. I just pray that as long as we pay our tithing and I continue to stay at home with the kiddos, we will be blessed. Hope things work out.

Christy said...

Oh, Cristi! I am so sorry to hear about the house and the bank not approving it! I was so excited when I first heard...but I am so glad that your spirits have been lifted with this 12 days of Christmas that someone is doing for you! What a blessing. Hope things continue to go better for you guys, you deserve it! I admire your attitude about it because you really have remained so faithful and positive through it all. Love you guys!

Robin Lindsay said...

Cristi, you and Alan are a wonderful inspiration for us - just managing things with cheerful opitmism, It's great to hear.

There may have been a mixup on your Christmas present - I got mixed up on the mailing addrees. Plese cll on Christms and we'll straighten it out between you and will. Love Mom

Valeri said...

What a nightmare! I'm so sorry for all the stress you guys are enduring, but so happy to hear that someone out there felt prompted enough to help you guys out. Little Christmas miracles are the best, aren't they? Hang in there.