
Brooke turned 4 on August 30th!!!
This was a special day for many reasons. Not only was it her birthday, but we happened to make the LAST payment on her delivery at the hospital on this day. Brooke was born during a 2 month window where we had no insurance because of moving from Colorado, changing jobs, etc. More than 4 years of painstaking payments and she is finally ours!!! Yay!!! It was an amazing feeling to write that last check.
I am especially proud of ourselves because when I realized we'd have no insurance for her birth, I was very tempted to lie so we could have state assistance which would have saved us thousands. All I would have had to do was tell them we had been California residents for 4 months longer than we actually had. But Alan wouldn't have it. He's such an honest man. I'm grateful he keeps me on track. Integrity is more important than any amount of money.
Back to Brooke's party: She said she wanted a cake with Strawberries so that's what I made. It was actually very similar to what my grandma Conover used to make for me on my birthdays-- angel food cake with cool whip, strawberries, etc.

We had planned to have a pool party at our apartment with her cousins, but it's been a weird summer and the weather was too cool, so we went to plan B: Auntie Cori's house.

As always, she was spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa.

Here she is hugging a new bag of make up and nail polish.


Daddy picked out some cute pj's from Target for her and she also got art supplies such as water colors. Nana and Grandpa Byron sent some Disney Princess art with stickers, glitter, etc. Brooke says she wants to be an Artist when she grows up.
We love you Brooke! You are such a joy!!!
We brought powdered donuts to school for her birthday celebration!





2 comments:
That cake looks DELICIOUS!
Happy birthday to your sweet little girl!
Happy Birthday Brooke! I am glad she is FINALLY yours! ;)
Post a Comment