After we had to quit law school and the hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt and the wasted three years started to sink in, I was desperate for answers. Our Bishop promised us that if we would watch General Conference (April 2011) with a prayer in our heart that we would receive an answer to whatever our question may be. I prayed and listened intently to conference. Of course, I received an answer. It came in Elder Christofferson's talk wherein he quoted Elder Hugh B. Brown's story about the currant bush. The story describes how the gardener cut down the currant bush and the currant bush was sad because it had wanted to grow tall and beautiful. The gardener told the currant bush that he was the gardener and he knew what he wanted to bush to become. The gardener is the Lord, of course, and I was the little currant bush who cried and cried and lamented over being cut down.
I received this answer 9 months ago. Over the last 9 months, I have had trouble remembering it and that it was my answer from the Lord. I sometimes get discouraged and tempted to despair about it all again, so I asked Brooke to draw me a picture so I can see it on my mirror every day.
It's precious to me.


No comments:
Post a Comment