Tuesday, November 3, 2009

DISNEYLAND!!!

(Caution: This is a LONG one!)

My mom just had her 50th birthday and her wish was that we all go to Disneyland together. So my dad made it happen for us. It was truly magical!








Here's me rockin' the fannypack:

Some doubted it could be done without total embarrassment from complete dorkyness, but I think it worked out.


My favorite photo from the whole trip:

Brooke saw Minnie and said, "Minnie Mouse! Here I am! I'm right here!"



Me, mom, and Cori (trying not to lose her Mickey ears) on Space Mountain with 2 random people in the back:


Dad, Travis, and Carli (Alan, Emma, and Tyler are there but you can't see them):

Emma went on every ride she was tall enough for and loved it all! She's fearless.

Candy Corns for coconuts:





Cori (hiding in back), me, Alan, Emma, Tyler, Donny doing hang loose:

Brooke said, "Pooh sure is fuzzy!":


Apple Pie Carmel Apple! My fav:




The funniest thing happened while we were at my parent's luxury hotel which my dad's friend Gary hooked them up with. Carli and I were walking down the hall and I looked up and suddenly Adam Sandler was walking right past us. He was texting or something and looked up from his phone and said, "Hey."

I said, "Carli, that was Adam Sandler!" We both turned back and so did he. It was true. It was him! Then a couple hours later, we were in the hall again and he was there with his wife and kids, and his friend Allen Covert who's been in most of his movies. It was Halloween so they were all dressed up getting ready for Mickey's Trick-or-Treat party which we also went to. Here they are in "The Wedding Singer":

We didn't want to bug him since he was with his family but I was dying to ask for a photo with him!!! The even funnier thing is that the next day, we went to Ariel's Grotto restaurant with the girls and he was there again with his family and Allen Covert. He walked right by us again with his daughter. He was hiding his face behind her a little so people wouldn't recognize him. I took out my camera and pretended to be filming the girls but I actually put it on super zoom and filmed him at his table for about 30 seconds! I'm so bad! I need Alan to help me put that on here.


They looked pretty much exactly like this except no goat-ee. We saw him again when we were leaving the restaurant and he was pushing a double stroller and singing off key, "A dream is a wish your heart makes!" It was surprising to see what a regular guy he is for some reason. We wanted to talk to him but he had all these Disney employees around him the whole time making sure people didn't bug him. It sure is fun to see famous people, though!

Here's our little Sleeping Beauty on Halloween:


I was a bee and convinced Alan to be my HONEY:


Brookie was a cute little Minnie:

Here we are at Mickey's Trick-or-Treat party which is the ultimate in trick-or-treating. You can't beat it.

Dad's super fun fireman buddy "Uncle" Gary with all the sweet hook-ups, and his daughter Emily:

Travey and Shnarli:









Emma after 2 busy days at Disneyland and 1 to go:

Brooke after 2 busy days at Disneyland and 1 to go:


Emma's favorite ride was the Matterhorn! Our last night at Disneyland she stayed up until midnight riding rides with us, and this one was ultimate for her:


Ariel's Grotto! The princesses came out while we were eating and said hello to the girls. It was so much fun! And the food was amazing!



(Adam Sandler is in the back on the far left in a white shirt above)

All Brooke could do was jump up and down she was so excited!

Emma got to go up on stage and pretend to be a princess at this show where they talked about Disney Animation. They sang songs and gave her a drawing of Cinderella:


Swimming at the sweet hotel:

We sure had a blast! I hope we can go back again someday! I'm having withdrawals!

5 comments:

Claireese said...

That is so awesome!!

Christy said...

OH my gosh! How fun!!!!!! LOoking at all those pictures made me totally want to go! Those pictures are so fun! And I can't believe the story of running into Adam Sandler...three times! Holy cow! I can't wait to see that phone video. haha! I loved your halloween costumes you and Alan wore. You are so creative. I am glad you guys had such a great time, and the fanny pack was hot.

Sheri said...

Wow what a great trip! Macey would of loved to have been there. I keep telling tom we need to win the lottery!

Camille said...

That looks like SO much fun!! Tell your Mom Happy Bday from me!

Carli said...

Love love love the pics. Put up your adam sandler movie soooon!