Monday, August 13, 2012

First Day of School

  
My two cuties before school!









Brooke saying, "Mom, it's too bright!"




She is so excited to have her own desk! Alan gave the girls priesthood blessings like he does every year before school. He blessed Brooke that she would choose friends who are like her and who choose to obey the teacher and listen to the instructions. And that she wouldn't worry if she doesn't understand everything right away. And she will gain confidence and realize she loves new subjects and learning new things.



Emma is going to be fabulous this year. Alan gave her a blessing that her mind would be bright and her thoughts would be clear, and that she would be an example to others and they would look to her. 

She was sad that many of her good friends are in another class, but I know she is strong and capable of making new friends. This year will be a growing experience for her.



I mean, if this isn't the face of a determination, I don't know what is!

We are proud of both of our gals! I'm off to go do yard duty for lunch recess and see how they're doing!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Your girls are going to do so awesome in school! What great blessings they received!

Aubree said...

That pic of Emma is great! She is hilarious. It looks like it will be a great year! It seems like you guys are doing great!