Sunday, June 23, 2013

We are moving to Arizona


Well, friends, this is it. 
We finally decided to take the plunge and move to Arizona. 
We considered it two years ago but decided we wanted to stay in CA, so Alan turned down the job offer he had in Scottsdale at 41st Parameter. A year later, that same company called and offered him the job again for a higher salary and said he could work from home. So for the last year or more, Alan's been working from home for 41st Parameter. He went out to AZ a couple times and traveled to the San Jose office for a few days every month, but ultimately realized just in the last few months that he REALLY does not like working from home, isolated from his coworkers. He needs the collaboration, the social interaction, and the face to face reassurance that he's performing as expected. 

He has been trying to make it work so we could stay near family and stay in Folsom, the city we love so much. But when he told me he really couldn't do it anymore and he was just so unhappy, I felt peace and I knew it was the right thing for us to move. We realized he could try to get his old job back or another one in Sacramento, but he would be taking a quite a pay cut and moving backwards in his career, and we knew that wasn't wise. I had also had a strong feeling from the Spirit about 6 months ago that this would happen, so I felt prepared.

While we were on vacation in San Diego last week, we decided to drive to Phoenix to look around since we were only 5 hours away. We had a realtor show us some rentals and just for fun, some homes that were for sale. We quickly realized the market is much better for buying than renting, so we took a leap. We made an offer on a house we love! They countered and we accepted. Now, as you can see above, it is "Pending" and we should be living there on July 27th. What a whirl wind! I have such a testimony that the Lord puts all the right pieces together at all the right times. It is a miracle that only three weeks ago, Alan decided he couldn't do this work situation any more, and in one month from now, we will be moving to our own home, a week and a half before school starts. Only Heavenly Father can orchestrate things like that. Not to mention the fact that we got ourselves in a position to buy just in the nick of time, not knowing we'd even be buying! 

Thank You Heavenly Father!

Also, when we got home from our trip, there was a letter in the mail saying the owners of the house we're renting here in Folsom are putting it on the market. So we'd have to move soon anyway. We also got another piece of that mail that was check. Some lawyers in Colorado have been trying to get money for people who foreclosed on homes there. At first they said we didn't qualify because we didn't live in the home at the time of foreclosure. But then, lo and behold, we got a check for over $1400.00! I cried. This will help us move and pay for new tires we need! Wow!

Thank You HeavenlyFather!

It was an emotional day at church today as we talked to so many friends about moving. So many people have loved and supported us here over the last 7 years. This place will always feel like home to me. Thankfully, since my parents and my little sister live in the area, we will be visiting so it's not like we're leaving leaving forever. My heart is breaking but I also know this is what we need to do. And I am feeling so thankful! If I'm being honest, I got the answer 2 years ago that we should move there, but I think we weren't ready. Then I got the answer again 6 months ago and I knew it was time. Here goes nothin!

1 comment:

Christy said...

This post had me in tears! I felt the spirit so strong reading your testimony. Ryan and I are so so happy for you guys! We are so grateful to be able to call you guys our dear friends. Seeing this amazing blessing and everything work out is such a testimony building experience for even us. It's just AMAZING!!! So happy for you! GOod luck in the move and everything! It's coming up quick!! love you!