Sunday, January 24, 2010


My ultrasound results came back normal. Whew! I saw my OB/GYN on Friday and explained to him that even though the ultrasounds looked normal, I KNOW something is not right. He did an exam and we figured out the pain I was feeling was due to sore pelvic muscles, not fibroids/ tumors. Whew! He recommended that I do more stretching, yoga, or pilates. The muscle tension comes because of stress. Gee, it's getting kind of crazy how many times I've gone to the doctor in the last few years and the cause of my symptoms has been stress. I've had chest pain, acid reflux, anxiety, bruxism (sore jaw from grinding teeth), and now this. I guess I really need to learn how to deal with stress better, ya think? Any budget friendly suggestions?

As far as some of the other monthly female complications I was experiencing, my OB/GYN said it's a hormonal thing (which can also be linked to stress-- yeehaw!) Still not fun, but at least I know I don't need a hysterectomy or something! For a few days there I was starting to worry about whether I'd be able to have anymore babies. Not that we can afford it, but maybe someday. . . At least I know it's still an option!

Anyway, Peace Out!

3 comments:

Claireese said...

Phew!! Glad to hear! Yes , you do need to find a better way to not stress! i wish I had one!

Christy said...

I am glad to hear it's not cancer or something equally devastating...yes, doing yoga and just exercising helps me to not have so much stress.And I know you love exercising as much as me. I am not the best at budgeting money either, but if things are that tight, I would just cut out all unnecessary things and go back to the basics for awhile. I don't know what your bills are or income or anything but that's just what we have had to do in our marriage to stay out of debt. It's hard and sometimes I think no but I need that...but really I can live without it. And coupons! Love those! Anyway I am sorry you going through such a rough time but I am glad you can talk freely about it and maybe talking/writing about can help you relieve some of that stress. Again, I am so glad your ultrasound results came back normal! Love ya Cristi!

Sheri said...

Glad everything came back normal!
Its so hard to be stuck in the "furnace'....and for a long time too. I hope you guys can make it and something will come up to help you!