Have any of you ever had uterine fibroids (tumors in your uterus that are [hopefully] non cancerous)? I think I may have them and I'm not too excited about it because I'll most likely need surgery to have them removed. Fun. It's been a weird day.
I get the ultrasound results in a few days. . .
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
My Mom just had some removed. She actually had to have a hysterectomy because they were so big and causing problems. But she is 51 and so I think her body reacts to them different than your young body. She actually had them for a long time but just recently had to get them out because they were bugging her. I have have friends that have had them and getting them removed they said is not a huge deal.
I am sure everything will be fine! Keep us posted!
I wish I knew:) I hope all is well:)
1/3 of women have fibroids in their uterus. I really wouldn't worry about it for like 20 or so years. Love you!
Hey Cristi,
Last year I had to have surgery to have a uterine polyp (a growth like a fibroid-but a little different) removed. The results came back non-cancerous (hooray!). It was causing me a TON of problems, and I have done so much better since the surgery. Please send me an email on Facebook if you have any questions. I know that it can be scary.
Good luck!
Amanda
Hope everything turns out okay! I know I have some tumor on one of ovaries....silly reprodcutive organs!
Post a Comment