Tuesday, August 12, 2008

DR. ASHTIANI IS THE COOLEST

If you have the chance to get out of the house, you might as well enjoy it-- even if it involves anesthesia. :) I had my first ROOT CANAL today. I didn't know what to expect but it actually wasn't too bad, especially because the Endodontist I saw, Dr. Ashtiani, was awesome. He was funny and warm and most importantly he was determined for me to feel the least amount of pain possible. But I hope I don't have one again any time soon, preferably never, because I am now out $1300. Dang! And when my dentist puts a crown on it next week that will be another $1300. Double Dang!! It's as if they are aware that people are willing to pay to keep from ending up toothless!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad it went well I have heard root canal horror stories!

Fritters said...

I've had one of those! Not so fun, but I'm glad you had a good Dr! And we are also enjoying watching Phelps earn all those medals! What a list of food he intakes every day!!! Emma will also do GREAT things!

Sheri said...

SO sorry. Honestly I don't like getting any work done on my teeth. Its just not fun!
I am sure Emma will be fine. Some of my friends have girls and they say they should of been boys with all the energy they have. Seriously the kids these days have 4 times the energy and spirit we did. And especially our parents. So fun you get to watch the olympics with your mom!

Carrie said...

I feel for you!!! I just got my first crown done yesterday and am totally paranoid that the temporary is going to fall off before I get the real one in two weeks. Having a good dentist makes all the difference in the experience, but they're still WAY TOO stinkin' expensive for something smaller than the size of a dime!!!

Cori Ann & Donny said...

Was he cute?!

Rachel said...

Yikes- good for you having a positive attitude about the whole thing. Hey can you ask Cori to send me an invite to her blog so I can take a peek? That would be awesome. It's rachelwhitepierce@gmail.com
Thanks! And GREAT job on your bedroom. You SHOULD be on HGTV!

Christy said...

Root canals- there is nothing fun about that word! Sounds like you did great though! And Phelps has been a huge inspiration to us as well!! He is just amazing and Emma will also do amazing things!